In 2011, Andrew Sanderson gave a generous donation that enabled DSDO to get the breakfast programme started. Every morning, before school, our fully-sponsored children, as well as some other very, very needy children, stop at Favour's for a nutritious breakfast. Prior to this, several students had to start their day without any food.
Update July 2013
In 2012, it became apparent that the children needed more than just breakfast, so we evolved… to the 'Food Programme'. There are many children who are sent to school without having had anything to eat, and have nothing for lunch either. It is impossible to learn if the body is starving.
- 2018 - 2022 = 150 children
- 2017 - 2018 = 140 children
- 2016 - 2017 = 125 children
- 2015 - 2016 = 121 children
- 2014 - 2015 = 105 children
- 2013 - 2014 = 84 children
- 2012 - 2013 = 62 children
- 2011 - 2012 = 57 children received a healthy breakfast and lunch. We are now using 3 food providers.
Children who are on our food programme receive National Health Insurance coverage and get to attend 'summer' vacation school.
Just $165 provides a child with a nutritious breakfast and lunch for an entire year.